https://familyallergy.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/faa-logo.png 0 0 Family Allergy https://familyallergy.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/faa-logo.png Family Allergy2017-03-09 18:33:482018-03-19 15:50:34Dr. James Sublett Discusses a New Dust Mite Allergy Treatment
Dr. James Sublett Discusses a New Dust Mite Allergy Treatment
Dr. Sublett spoke to Darla Carter from the Courier-Journal on a new drug that was release targeting dust mite allergens. The drug, Odactra, was approved by the FDA earlier this month. This tablet is a form of immunotherapy that is taken once a day placed under the tongue to improve tolerance and reduce symptoms.
For those allergic to dust mites, Dr. Sublett recommends:
- Washing bed linens once a week.
- Encasing pillows, mattresses, and box springs.
- Use an N95 respirator mask while cleaning.
- Don’t vacuum right before bed; this can stir up allergens.
- Keep the humidity in your home below 50 to prevent dust mite growth
Click the link below to read the full article!