Spring Allergies are here. Dr. Franxman talks with Fox19’s Kara Sewell about what you can do to help ease your allergies this spring.
Our spring allergy tips are:
- Find out what you are allergic to, allergy testing can be done in an allergist office and you leave your appointment knowing to what you are allergic.
- Start medication as soon as possible, over the counter medications like antihistamines or decongestants can help treat allergy symptoms.
- If there is a certain kind of pollen you are allergic to monitor pollen counts to help plan your day.
- Wear a mask for outdoor work, this can help minimize your exposure to pollen.
- Consider further steps with a board-certified allergist, if over the counter medications are not helping, an allergist can prescribe other medication and may recommend allergy shots.
Watch the full interview about easing allergies here: http://www.fox19.com/story/31654310/easing-allergies